Chelsea make major Jules Kounde decision and Thomas Tuchel explains Ben Chilwell omission

Welcome to our football.london Chelsea media watch piece. Maybe not the first, we’ve definitely done transfer round-ups before, and European round-ups, so I guess in some ways it’s not that new at all. Anyway, we thought we would enter the world of football in a broad and roundabout manner for you and have some fun with some of the stories and captions doing the daily rounds.

Bundesliga move revived

Borussia Dortmund have reignited their interest in Callum Hudson-Odoi and are pursuing a deal to prise the England international to the Signal Iduna Park before the end of the transfer window, according to Sky Sports.

The 20-year-old, who has previously been subject to an array of interest from Bundesliga sides, looks poised to complete a loan deal with the German side in search of more game time.

Hudson-Odoi has averaged just 52 minutes a game across 19 appearances under Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea, but has recently turned down an England Under-21 call-up to focus on forcing himself into the Blues side.

The Chelsea hierarchy have decided to let Tuchel have the final say on the winger’s immediate future following Reece James’ red card versus Liverpool, hampering the boss’ selection pool for right wing-back upon return to club football.

READ ALSO:   Tyrick Mitchell pinpoints the key change Patrick Vieira has made at Crystal Palace

Tuchel explains Chilwell absence

Tuchel has revealed the reasoning behind Ben Chilwell’s omission from the starting eleven having not competitively featured for Chelsea since May.

Marcos Alonso has raised eyebrows thus far having enjoyed a bright start to the season keeping England international out of the side.



Trent Alexander-Arnold of Liverpool battles for possession with Marcos Alonso
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND – AUGUST 28: Trent Alexander-Arnold of Liverpool battles for possession with Marcos Alonso of Chelsea during the Premier League match between Liverpool and Chelsea at Anfield on August 28, 2021 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Chelsea Football Club/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

The Chelsea boss revealed that Chilwell’s late return from Euro 2020 was behind his initial lack of opportunities, in addition to Alonso’s impressive displays.

Tuchel said: “[Chilwell] came back with the latest group [after the Euros and holiday].

“When he arrived Marcos Alonso had five weeks in his legs from pre-season. He played the first competitive matches after a fantastic pre-season.

“He was simply way more ready physically which was natural because of the training session and his fantastic games.”

Atletico leave door open for Saul move

Diego Simeone has left the door open for Saul Niguez’s departure from the La Liga champions despite initial unsuccessful talks with Chelsea, according to Mundo Deportivo.

READ ALSO:   David Moyes disagrees with Graeme Souness on Declan Rice's best position at West Ham

The 26-year-old midfielder was offered to the west London side on loan with a potential option to buy for £34-£40 million as the Spanish side look to ease the strain on their wage bill, according to reports.

However, despite the arrival of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese this summer pushing the Spaniard down the pecking order, Simeone did not rule out a move for Saul amid Chelsea’s interest.

Speaking to Fichajes, Simeone said: “We talked to him, I told him what I think and feel. There is not much else.

“Between now and Tuesday, we’ll see. We know that anything can happen in football.”

Sevilla go against their word

Sevilla has gone against their word breaking a verbal agreement with Chelsea regarding the sale of Jules Kounde, according to The Athletic, putting a deal for the defender at threat.

The Spanish side have upped their asking price by an additional €15 million (around £12.8 million) following Chelsea’s £29.8 million sale of Kurt Zouma to West Ham, which was in place to facilitate the Frenchman’s arrival.

The pressure has been pilled on to the Blues to meet Sevilla’s new demands, however, despite Tuchel’s admiration for the 22-year-old Chelsea will not engage in talks until the asking price is reduced.

This will come as great news for Trevoh Chalobah who has etched himself into Tuchel’s plans following an impressive pre-season and would have likely been competing with Kounde for a starting role.

Source by Football London

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Leave a Reply