Chelsea make late Declan Rice transfer decision as the Blues revisit Jules Kounde deal

Welcome to our football.london Chelsea media watch piece. Maybe not the first, we’ve definitely done transfer round-ups before, and European round-ups, so I guess in some ways it’s not that new at all. Anyway, we thought we would enter the world of football in a broad and roundabout manner for you and have some fun with some of the stories and captions doing the daily rounds.

Hudson-Odoi seeks late move

Leicester City have contacted Chelsea over a permanent deal for Callum Hudson-Odoi, football.london has been told, as the 20-year-old steps up his pursuit of securing guaranteed game time.

Hudson-Odoi has been an unused substitute in each of the Blues’ opening three Premier League clashes and has attracted strong interest from a host of clubs on the final day of the transfer window.

The England international, who averaged just 50 minutes a game last season across 37 appearances in a Chelsea shirt, incurred interest from Borussia Dortmund over the weekend for a potential season-long loan, before the Foxes made contact.

Hudson-Odoi’s move to Dortmund hinges on whether Thomas Tuchel gives the deal the green light, according to reports, having been given the power to decide the youngster’s fate, potentially in light of whether Chelsea can seal the services of Jules Kounde.

READ ALSO:   Tottenham eyeing Barcelona star as Harry Kane replacement amid Manchester City transfer rumours

Kounde is back on

Chelsea are plotting a final approach for Kounde from Sevilla after negotiations became complicated, looking as if a deal had collapsed, reports Fabrizio Romano.

The Blues had halted their pursuit of the 22-year-old defender after the Spanish side increased their asking price by €15 million (around £12.8m) coincidentally following the sale of Kurt Zouma to West Ham, according to The Athletic.

Tuchel’s side stood strong in their approach and made it clear they would no longer entertain the deal until Sevilla retrogressed upon their initial verbal agreement with the west Londoners.

With tensions now cooling, Chelsea are plotting a final approach in a bid to seal the Frenchman’s signature however Sevilla are said to hold strong on their demands.

Saul heartbreak

Chelsea have been dealt a major transfer deadline day blow to all but confirm the future of Saul Niguez after Romano announced that all negotiations for the Spanish midfielder have now been blocked.

As per AS via Sport Witness, the two sides were in talks over a potential deal after reports emerged claiming that Saul was keen to leave Diego Simeone’s side.

READ ALSO:   High spectrum prices, late 3G, 4G licensing slowing Africa’s broadband penetration

Saul had been offered to Chelsea on loan with an option to buy valued between £34 million and £40 million, as Tuchel eyed prising a midfielder in before the end of the window to bolster his arsenal.

The Chelsea boss had reportedly eyed the 26-year-old midfielder as the Blues’ fourth central midfield option adding to the European royalty of Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic and N’Golo Kante.



BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND - AUGUST 11: Ngolo Kante, Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic of Chelsea celebrate with the trophy after their team's victory in the penalty shootout during the UEFA Super Cup 2021 match between Chelsea FC and Villarreal CF at the National Football Stadium at Windsor Park on August 11, 2021 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. (Photo by Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)
BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND – AUGUST 11: Ngolo Kante, Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic of Chelsea celebrate with the trophy after their team’s victory in the penalty shootout during the UEFA Super Cup 2021 match between Chelsea FC and Villarreal CF at the National Football Stadium at Windsor Park on August 11, 2021 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. (Photo by Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

Blues Rice to the challenge

Declan Rice and Aurelien Tchouameni continue to be listed by Chelsea as transfer targets despite neither looking like potential arrivals before the window slams shut, according to The Athletic.

The Blues appeared as if they were handed a boost in their pursuit of the AS Monaco midfielder earlier in the window following the French side’s early exit from the Champions League, failing to clamber out of the qualifying stages.



MONACO, MONACO - AUGUST 17: Aurelien Tchouameni of AS Monaco looks on during the warm up prior to the UEFA Champions League Play-Offs Leg One match between AS Monaco and Shakhtar Donetsk at on August 17, 2021 in Monaco, Monaco. (Photo by Jonathan Moscrop/Getty Images)
MONACO, MONACO – AUGUST 17: Aurelien Tchouameni of AS Monaco looks on during the warm up prior to the UEFA Champions League Play-Offs Leg One match between AS Monaco and Shakhtar Donetsk at on August 17, 2021 in Monaco, Monaco. (Photo by Jonathan Moscrop/Getty Images)

The report claims that Chelsea feel Tchouameni could do with another 12 months of development to bolster his experience before they commit to a deal.

Meanwhile, a move for Rice has been delayed until next summer following West Ham’s s £100 million evaluation which was considered ‘steep’ by the west London side.

Source by Football London

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Leave a Reply