Chelsea have received mixed news on the morning of transfer deadline day with Marina Granvoskaia tipped to make one last push for Jules Kounde as a further Saul Niguez problem arises.
The Blues have been linked all summer to a double La Liga transfer swoop but recent complications with both have threatened the practicality of the deal going into the final 24 hours of the window.
And these issues have been confirmed by transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, who has provided the latest on the situation surrounding both in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
His most recent tweet on Chelsea read: “Chelsea had a complicated and tense day for Jules Koundé negotiations with Sevilla. Deal on the verge of collapsing many times but… today Chelsea will try again with final approach. Sevilla are so strong on their position.
“Saúl deal now completely blocked.”
This update has come as a surprise to many fans of the west London club considering the updates coming in from Spanish media late last night on the pair.
Spanish outlet Diario AS have contradicted Romano’s latest report as they are claiming alongside El Chiringuito TV that a deal for the out of favour Atletico Madrid midfielder is moving closer.
The former have reported that Diego Simeone’s side are working on the arrival of Spanish International Pablo Sarabia for the potential departure of Saul Niguez.
“If Sarabia joins, Saul leaves amid interest from Chelsea. The formula of a loan deal with option to buy is being discussed. His departure is ‘closer than ever’,” said Diario AS.
Manager Simeone himself has opened the door to the potential departure of the once £100million rated player.
Talking to Marca after the most recent La Liga game against Villarreal, he said: “Today I told him everything I think and feel, there is not much else. He’s been with us since we came here. We took him out of the academy and helped him achieve everything that he could achieve in his career.
“Now we will see what happens. We know that in football a lot of things can happen.”
In relation to Kounde, it seems all the power is now with Monchi and Sevilla as they have seemingly moved the goalposts for any potential late deal to be struck.
£42million was the verbal agreement reached by the two clubs last week, however, the west Londoners’ deal to sell Kurt Zouma to West Ham for £29.8m alerted the Andalusian-based club to raise the stakes higher in this transfer race of arguably their most prized asset.
And local outlet ABC de Sevilla have now reported that Sevilla’s sporting director Monchi will do an ‘extensive analysis’ on the transfer market at 1pm today.
They go on to report: ‘His ideas are clear, but Kounde’s future isn’t. Unless Chelsea pay the €80M (£68m) release clause, he stays – Kounde is waiting ‘nervously’ for any news.
In spite of these multiple complications underlying both these potential incomings, Granovskaia and co. will not give up the fight to secure two potentially vital acquisitions.
The Blues love a deadline day drama and as a result, these deals could go right down to the wire with the transfer window slamming shut at 11pm on Tuesday night.
Source by Football London