Leroy Sane linked in swap deal as Saul Niguez almost completed Man City transfer

Here is your football.londonChelsea morning digest on Monday, September 6.

Leroy Sane linked in a swap deal

According to the Express, Chelsea have expressed the desire to sign Leroy Sane. Thomas Tuchel is believed to be a huge admirer of the Bayern Munich forward, but given the attacking talents he currently has at his disposal, he may have to resort to a potential swap deal.

The report goes on to add that Callum Hudson-Odoi is on the Bavarian’s radar, meaning a potential swap deal could be on the cards in the next transfer windows.

Another player that could go the other way is Christian Pulisic, who has suffered many injury problems since moving from Borussia Dortmund.

Tuchel has already stated is keen to see Hudson-Odoi stay and take one of the opportunities that will be presented to him this season.

“To be absolutely fair, I have to say that sometimes we use him as a right side wing-back which is not his very best position but we do it because in the Super Cup match, he had a good pre-season and all the training in his legs so he had the capacity to play the 120 minutes,” the German said.

READ ALSO:   Gary Neville has already told Chelsea who to sign as three-man transfer shortlist drawn up

“He waits for a chance in the half left position but he fights against Mason [Mount], Kai [Havertz], Hakim [Ziyech], Christian Pulisic, a lot of guys with a lot of quality.

“It is very hard for him. I agree but we don’t have to feel sorry for him. Once the door is open we demand he goes in between and makes his mark. This can happen at any time. He needs to be ready, this is what we demand from him.”

Saul Niguez could have signed for Man City this summer instead of Chelsea

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reportedly turned down the opportunity to sign Chelsea’s new recruit Saul Niguez earlier in the summer, therefore giving the Blues the green light to swoop for the out-of-favour Spanish international.

The Daily Star claim that Man City were offered Saul Niguez in a swap deal with rotational player Bernardo Silva but Guardiola himself intervened in negotiations and demanded £40million outright from the red and white side of Madrid.

READ ALSO:   The £137m summer transfer windfall Daniel Levy can raise without Tottenham selling Harry Kane

With City saying no, Chelsea swooped in and signed Saul on loan with a view to a £30million permanent move next summer.

“He’s a fantastic player but we are not interested in him because he’s an Atletico Madrid player,” Guardiola told BeIN Sports. “He’s going to stay there for a long, long time but he’s an exceptional player.”



COBHAM, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 02: Saul Niguez of Chelsea looks on during a Chelsea FC Training Session at Chelsea Training Ground on September 02, 2021 in Cobham, England. (Photo by Harriet Lander - Chelsea FC/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)
Saul Niguez reveals just how close his Chelsea loan move was to falling through on transfer deadline day

Read the full story here.

Jules Kounde’s failed Chelsea move explained

Sevilla manager Julen Lopetegui has revealed that Monchi and the club’s board were the main reason as to why Jules Kounde wasn’t granted his wish of moving to Chelsea this summer.

Now that the dust has settled on the situation, the 22-year-old’s club manager Lopetegui has clarified exactly what went on in those last days of the transfer window.

In an interview with local outlet Diario de Sevilla, the former Real Madrid boss revealed: “[Jules] Kounde didn’t join Chelsea because our Sevilla board decided it was the right thing to do, based on the value of the offers.

“For me it’s positive – he’ll perform again at the top level.”

Read more here.

Source by Football London

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Leave a Reply