During a court appearance early Thursday, Tory Lanez along with his attorney Shawn Holley, addressed claims by the prosecutors in his case involving Megan Thee Stallion—and things got a bit intense. As the prosecutors continue to allege that Tory Lanez is responsible for leaking discovery information, his attorney not only shut the allegations down, but also stated that Megan Thee Stallion’s previous CBS interview may have made things worse.
Among the bombshells that were revealed in court, included claims from Shawn Holley that Tory Lanez declined an interview request from CBS in an effort to not bring any additional negative attention to the case, while Megan Thee Stallion did the exact opposite. Holley said that when Megan did a sit-down interview with Gayle King, she “upped the ante” by escalating things in an already intense case.
@Rolling Stone senior reporter Nancy Dillon, who was in court this morning, took to Twitter to explain what happened between Tory’s attorney and the prosecutors:
“It was supposed to be simple scheduling hearing, but prosecutor raised issue of more alleged “leaks” of discovery, said she’s “trying to ascertain source.” Tory’s lawyer was adamant any leaks are not coming from her “watermarked” discovery, said Tory declined discovery to be safe
Tory’s lawyer, Shawn Holley, said Megan “upped the ante” by speaking to Gayle King on CBS. She says Tory rebuffed calls from CBS producers, asking for rebuttal interview. Tory ordered back July 28. Trial date Sept. 14.”
As we previously reported, Tory Lanez was prohibited by a judge from speaking about Megan Thee Stallion on social media. That judgement came after Tory, Megan and her boyfriend Pardi got into a heated social media battle earlier this year.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!